Judge Kenneth Wadas
High School: Morton West, Berwyn, IL
Graduated: June 1963
College: Loyola University, Chicago, IL
Graduated: February, 1968
- Commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant U.S. Marine Corps: December, 1968 Basic School Graduation: June 1969
- Staging Battalion: Camp Pendleton, CA until August, 1969
- Ordered to Western Pacific Ground Forces Republic of South Vietnam: September, 1969 through September, 1970
- Served as Rifle & Weapons Platoon Commander in “C” Co., 1st Battalion 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Upon leaving Active Duty in 1971, transferred to Active Reserves
- Attained rank of Captain and served as Executive Officer of Rifle Company in 2nd Battalion 24th Marines, 4th Marine Division until 1974
Attended John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL: Fall 1967 (1st Semester); 1971-1975 (Night Division), J.D.
Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office: 1976-1986
Experience: Prosecuted hundreds of misdemeanor cases in Juvenile, Traffic, and various Branch courts throughout the First Municipal District. Felony review and Preliminary Hearing Courts. Felony Trial Division at 26th & California (1979-1983). Chief of the Narcotics Bureau (1983-1986)
Trial Experience: 60 felony jury trials to verdict, 300-400 felony bench trials
Private Practice: 1986-1996, tried trials in multiple Federal and State court jurisdictions.
In 1996, worked for the Office of the Chief Judge of the Circuit of Cook County and was named Director of Court Services.
Elected to the Circuit Court of Cook County in 1996 (3rd Judicial Sub-Circuit).
Assigned to the Criminal Division as a felony trial judge. Tried numerous juries, benches, and pretrial motions.
Named Supervising Judge on September 28, 2009. I continue to serve in the Criminal Division of the Circuit Court.
Retained in 2002, 2008, and 2014.
Download Judge Wadas’s Resume